Early Childhood Special Education Services
Training and Technical Assistance Projects(Updated 1/15)
The Child Find Project provides public awareness materials for school districts and early intervention programs to assist in Child Find activities. To order Child Find materials visit www.childfind-idea-il.us or call 800/851-6197. To refer a child or family to the early intervention services system please call 800/323-GROW (800/323-4769) (Voice and TTY).
Early CHOICES offers support for school districts to include children ages 3-5 with their nondisabled peers in typical preschool settings. For more information visit www.eclre.org or call 815/356-8311.
STARNET (Support and Technical Assistance Regionally)
The STARNET system serves young children, families and communities in Illinois working to develop more effective partnerships and linkages among families, professionals and systems. STARNET provides training and technical assistance to early childhood special education preschool staff and families of young children.
The mission of STARNET is to promote and support a comprehensive, family-centered, consumer driven technical assistance system for all young children, families and communities. STARNET promotes excellence, provides leadership and offers rich opportunities for personal and professional growth and systems development in collaboration with families, schools and other community stakeholders.
STARNET accomplishes its mission by:
- Identifying needs and responding to requests for support of staff and families involved in early childhood special education;
- Developing and delivering inservice training and technical assistance, including workshops, satellite distance education, consultation, mini-grants, fellowships, referrals and materials loan and dissemination;
- Supporting family education and involvement;
- Collaborating with other early childhood initiatives, agencies and personnel;
- Promoting family-centered perspectives within STARNET services and with other initiatives, organizations and personnel.
Illinois STARNET Regions
Northwest/Central Regions I & III
Western Illinois University
27 Horrabin Hall
Macomb, IL 61455
309/298-1634 or 800/277-7537
Northern Region II
2626 South Clearbrook Drive
Arlington Heights, IL 6005-4626
Southern Region IV
St. Clair County ROE
1000 South Illinois Street
Belleville, IL 62220
City of Chicago Region V
Chicago Public Schools
125 S. Clark
Chicago, IL 60603
6020 W. 151st Street
Oak Forest, IL 60452
For more information regarding early childhood special education services, please contact Pamela Reising Rechner at firstname.lastname@example.org.