Illinois State Board of Education
Every child in each public school system in the state of Illinois deserves to attend a system wherein…
- All kindergarteners are assessed for readiness
- Ninety percent or more third-grade students are reading at or above grade level.
- Ninety percent or more fifth-grade students meet or exceed expectations in mathematics.
- Ninety percent or more of ninth-graders are on track to graduate with their cohort.
- Ninety percent or more students graduate from high school ready for college or career.
- All students are supported by highly prepared and effective teachers and school leaders.
- Every school offers a safe and healthy learning environment for all students.
Agency budget information including the budget chart, annual report, proposed budget and related news releases.
Descriptions of ISBE Departments and Divisions responsibilities.
A list of agency employees, their phone numbers, addresses and locations.
In 2002, three firms -- Deloitte & Touche, Riverbend Associates and Hewitt Associates undertook for ISBE an evaluation the agency's overall organizational effectiveness and its human resources operation. Following is a copy of the Deloitte Report and a progress report on the work that has resulted from the consultants' recommendations.
A page devoted to task forces, councils, boards and commissions that ISBE staffs/administers
Meetings scheduled at the State Board office.
Under the Illinois Freedom of Information Act (5 ILCS 140), records in possession of public agencies may be accessed by the public upon written request.
ISBE Programs and Services Locator (updated 6/16)
ISBE Vehicle Use Policy (6/13)
The ISBE Web site is designed to make it easier for the general public to navigate and get the information they need. Rather than searching for data by division, you can search topics by using our powerful Search Engine. Additionally, the ISBE Site Map is continually updated to help you find what you need. The ISBE Web site is also structured so it is accessible to people with disabilities.
The ISBE Web site uses a number of document formats. Problems opening or viewing documents or videos can be remedied by visiting our plug-in page for assistance. The site uses newer technology and is best viewed using Microsoft Internet Explorer 7.0 or newer and Mozilla Firefox 4.01 or newer.
If you experience difficulties with the new ISBE web site, please e-mail us and refer to ISBE Web in the subject line.