Illinois Standards Achievement Test (ISAT)
The Illinois Standards Achievement Test (ISAT) measures the achievement of students in reading and mathematics in grades three through eight and science in grades four and seven.
Administrators, curriculum directors, and teachers should use the Illinois Learning Standards as the primary resource in preparing students for the 2013 ISAT in science at grades 4 and 7. The Illinois Assessment Frameworks and Common Core Standards outline the general content specifications for grades 3 through 8 in reading and mathematics.
New Test Blueprint for the 2014 ISAT Reading and Mathematics Assessments
ISBE plans to map all items on the 2014 ISAT reading and mathematics assessments to Common Core State Standards (CCSS). The reading and mathematics assessments will be composed entirely of items written to CCSS.
- The Stanford 10 component of the ISAT assessments will be removed from all ISAT assessments (reading, mathematics, and science). As a result, the information produced by the Stanford 10 assessments (NPR, National Quarters, Stanine, and Lexile Level) will not be available in 2014.
- After the operational assessments are completed for the ISAT reading and mathematics assessments, the assessment division will be providing more specific details about the composition of the ISAT reading and math assessments. We expect to complete the operational test build in July of this year.
The 2014 ISAT science assessments will be constructed using the existing science standards. However, the Stanford 10 portion of the assessments will be eliminated. The assessments will be constructed with items developed by Illinois educators.
For the 2013 ISAT results, the Stanford 10 assessment results will not appear on any of the paper reports produced by Pearson. The Stanford 10 results will be present in the electronic files each school district receives.
Should you have additional questions, please contact the assessment division at: 1-866-317-6034.
- 2013 ISAT Item Counts by Standard (Reading, Mathematics, and Science)
- 2013 Rescore Request Forms for ISAT and IAA
- Calculator Use Policy for the ISAT Mathematics Tests
- Interactive ISAT Multiple-Choice Sample Questions
- ISAT Scale Score Cut Points
- State Assessment: Not Tested Reasons and Assessment Scores/Subscores Descriptions
Questions about ISAT test administration should be directed to:
Jim Palmer at email@example.com or by calling the Assessment Division at 866/317-6034.