With the adoption of the new Illinois Learning Standards incorporating the Common Core, the state has retired many of its old tests and replaced them with new, innovative assessments that will provide educators with reliable data to help guide instruction. Often aided by technological advances, these assessments will allow for students to better showcase their skills compared to the old, multiple-choice format.
The Assessment Division of the Illinois State Board of Education is responsible for developing and administering tests that measure the performance of students and schools against the Illinois Learning Standards. The state assessment scores are used to measure adequate yearly progress (AYP) for all public schools. All students' scores are part of the AYP measure, including students with disabilities and limited English proficiency.
- PARCC Test Mode Appeal – Deadline Dec. 4, 2015 (11/23/15)
- PARCC Fall 2014 and Spring 2015 Score Report Interpretation Guide (11/17/15)
- 2014-15 PARCC and DLM-AA Data Posted in SIS for Review (11/16/15)
- PARCC High School Testing Level Change Form (11/6/15)
PARCC Test Design Changes Slated for SY16In response to feedback from teachers, students, and parents, the new Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) assessment will return next year with a shorter, simpler format to improve the testing process while ensuring reliable results.
- PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers)
- DLM-AA (Dynamic Learning Maps - Alternate Assessment)
- ACCESS for ELLS® (Assessing Comprehension and Communication in English State-to-State for English Language Learners)
- ISBE-Funded ACT Plus Writing and ACT WorkKeys
- NAEP (National Assessment of Educational Progress)
- Past Assessment Archive
- Illinois State Assessment Dates Archive (2005-2014)
Important Links and Resources
- Illinois Report Card
- New Illinois Learning Standards Incorporating the Common Core
- Standards and Assessment Readiness Document for School Leaders (09/22/14)
- ISBE Assessment Transition Plan - SY2015-SY2019
- PARCC Place - Superintendent Tony Smith announces a new page acting as a hub for PARCC resources (9/16/15)
- Student Assessment and Assessment Technology Listserv Archives