Illinois Standards Achievement Test (ISAT)
The Illinois Standards Achievement Test (ISAT) measures the achievement of students in reading and mathematics in grades three through eight and science in grades four and seven.
Administrators, curriculum directors, and teachers should use the Illinois Learning Standards as the primary resource in preparing students for the 2013 ISAT in science at grades 4 and 7. The Illinois Assessment Frameworks and Common Core Standards outline the general content specifications for grades 3 through 8 in reading and mathematics.
Updated! Test Blueprint for the 2014 ISAT Assessments(10/22/13)
- 2014 ISAT Administration Webinar Invitation - Join us for a webinar on Janary 23 or February 11, 2014
- 2014 ISAT Assessment Network—
All requests to modify your district’s testing window one week earlier or one week later than the statewide testing window must be made through Pearson’s Assessment Network, not ISBE. Assessment Network will time-stamp your Test Window Modification request and track its history. In most cases, Pearson will contact you via e-mail within five (5) business days as to whether your request is approved.
Districts may request a Test Window Modification for ISAT from Friday, November 1 through Sunday, December 1, 2013.
If your Test Window Modification is approved, the modification applies to all schools in your district.
Chicago schools should contact the Chicago District 299 office for your district’s test window.
- Assessment Network Website
- 2014 ISAT & IAA Reference Guide: Assessment Network Activities & Pre-Test Information (10/22/13)
- 2014 ISAT & IAA Training Modules (October 2013):
- 2013 ISAT Item Counts by Standard (Reading, Mathematics, and Science)
- 2014 Guidance – Illinois State Board of Education Assessment Accommodations Students with Disabilities: IEP and 504
- 2014 Professional Testing Practices for Educators (11/13)
- Calculator Use Policy for the ISAT Mathematics Tests
- Information on the 2014 ISAT (10/13)
- ISAT Scale Score Cut Points
- Item Analysis Report Templates (Reading, Mathematics, and Science) - 2013 (all in pdf format)
- State Assessment: Not Tested Reasons and Assessment Scores/Subscores Descriptions
- 2013-14 Guidance - Assessment Accommodations for Students with Limited English Proficiency (9/16/13)
- ELL Accommodations Presentation (Dec 2012)
- Translated ISAT Directions 2013
- ISAT Form LM Sample Books
- Assessment Vocabulary Lists
Questions about ISAT test administration should be directed to:
Jim Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling the Assessment Division at 866/317-6034.