October 15, 2012
Alternate ACCESS for ELLs® / ACCESS for ELLs® Ordering, Schedule, and Waiver Applications
Alternate ACCESS for ELLs®
An additional instrument is available for the state English language proficiency testing, for the 2012-2013 cycle. The Alternate ACCESS for ELLs® has been created to measure the progress of English language learners with significant cognitive disabilities, for whom the standard ACCESS for ELLs® is not appropriate, even with accommodations.
- Use of the Alternate ACCESS for ELLs® must be specified in the student’s IEP.
- The testing window for the Alternate ACCESS for ELLs® is the same as for the standard ACCESS for ELLs®
- The ordering process for the Alternate ACCESS for ELLs® will be integrated with that of the standard ACCESS for ELLs®
- Administering the Alternate ACCESS for ELLs® requires completing a special training module available through WIDA’s online training system.
- All domains of the Alternate ACCESS for ELLs® are administered one-on-one and require approximately 20 minutes each.
- It’s available for grades 1-12 (a Kindergarten version is under development).
ACCESS for ELLs® Ordering, Schedule, and Waiver Applications
The 2012-2013 ordering dates for the ACCESS for ELLs® assessment materials are October 22 to November 16, 2012. Instructions for ordering will be emailed by MetriTech to ACCESS district contacts. Please ensure that someone currently employed by your school district is on the contact list. You can check or make changes by contacting MetriTech at 800-747-4868.
The complete schedule for the 2012-2013 ACCESS for ELLs® testing cycle is online here, http://www.isbe.net/bilingual/pdfs/access-schedule-2013.pdf.
The application form for modified ACCESS testing dates is online here, http://www.isbe.net/bilingual/pdfs/access-ordering-2013.pdf. Applications are due by October 26,2012.
If you have questions, contact Barry Pedersen at 866-317-6034 or Boon Lee at 312-814-2220.