September 23, 2013
ACT’s National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) and WorkKeys Locating Information Posted on IWAS
For the first time in spring 2013, ISBE provided the ACT WorkKeys Locating Information test. Students who earned an eligible score on this test and the two WorkKeys tests that are part of PSAE Day 2, are eligible to receive ACT’s National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC). ISBE is making these 2-page certificates available in the Student Information System.
To access NCRC and WorkKeys Locating Information data in SIS:
- Login to SIS via IWAS.
- Click the “Reports” link on the SIS Home Page.
- Click the “Plus” Sign next to “Assessments” to expand the selection.
- Choose which report(s) you would like-descriptions are below:
- To view a roster that includes all students with NCRC information, click on “Detail” for “National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) Level”
- To view a summary of all students’ NCRC results, click on “Summary” for “National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) Level”
- To access printable versions of students’ 2-page NCRCs, click on “Detail” for “National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) 2-Page Certificate”
- To view a roster that includes all students with Locating Information data, click on “Detail” for “Locating Information Score”
- To view a summary of all students’ Locating Information results, click on “Summary” for “Locating Information Score”
- Select desired report criteria, using “Sort By” (click the dropdown arrow and select a sort criteria if desired).
- Click “Create PDF Report” to display report.
NCRC Matching: ACT uses five detailed matching criteria from the three WorkKeys tests (Applied Mathematics, Reading for Information, and Locating Information) to produce NCRCs. Specifically, first name, last name, month of birth, day of birth, and state ID. If any of these five criteria did not match exactly when answer documents were submitted for scoring, ACT was not able to make a match and award a certificate. If you believe that a student should have earned this NCRC, please contact ACT directly at 1.800.967.5539, and they will be able to assist you. Students must earn a valid minimum level score of 3 on each test to be eligible for this NCRC. The use of certain accommodations prohibits WorkKeys scores from being NCRC eligible (e.g., Spanish video DVD use does not allow scores to be eligible for NCRC).
Click here for more information about ACT’s NCRC.
WorkKeys Locating Information File: If the answer document for Locating Information contained a Pre-ID label, score data are matched to the corresponding record in the Assessment Correction file. If student demographic data were gridded and different from what is stored in the Assessment Correction file, the gridded information is displayed in the last two columns so the differences are available.
Click here for more information about ACT’s WorkKeys Locating Information test.
If you require technical assistance, after reviewing the online help, please contact our Call Center at (217) 558-3600 during our business hours: Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.