PARCC - Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is the new state assessment and accountability measure for Illinois students enrolled in a public school district. PARCC assesses the New Illinois Learning Standards Incorporating the Common Core and will be administered to students in English Language Arts and mathematics.
PARCC assessments in English Language Arts and mathematics will be administered to all students in grades 3-8, according to their current grade level. At the high school level, students enrolled in English III will be assessed in English Language Arts, students enrolled in Algebra II / Math III will be assessed in mathematics, and students enrolled in both English III and Algebra II / Math III will be assessed in English Language Arts and mathematics, regardless of grade level.
For more information, please visit www.parcconline.org.
PARCC 2014-15 Information and Announcements:
Illinois Educator Leader Cadre (ELC)
- 2014 Special Education Directors' Conference Handouts (8/14)
- Balanced Assessment Presentations and Webinars
- Presentation: A New Vision of Assessment: Texts Worth Reading, Problems Worth Solving, Tests Worth Taking (4/14)
- Webinar: A Look Into PARCC Sample Items - February 18, 2014
- Webinar: Accessibility and accommodations for the PARCC assessment - November 26, 2013 (38:00)
- Webinar: PARCC Model Content Frameworks
- PARCC Video Series
Learn about the new PARCC assessments in this series of short videos featuring interviews with ISBE Director of Assessment Mary O’Brian, Illinois PARCC Coordinator Dan Long, Mathematics and English Language Learning Content Specialists, and other experts.
- PARCC Webinars/Presentations Archives
NOTE: If you experience difficulties viewing videos please refer to our Video Tips document.
Questions about Assessments?
If you are interested in receiving direct information from ISBE’s Student Assessment Division, please subscribe to one or both of our listservs: