PARCC - Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers
The Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) is the new state assessment and accountability measure for Illinois students enrolled in a public school district. PARCC assesses the New Illinois Learning Standards Incorporating the Common Core and will be administered to students in English Language Arts and mathematics.
PARCC assessments in English Language Arts and mathematics will be administered to all students in grades 3-8, according to their current grade level. At the high school level, students enrolled in English III will be assessed in English Language Arts, students enrolled in Algebra II / Math III will be assessed in mathematics, and students enrolled in both English III and Algebra II / Math III will be assessed in English Language Arts and mathematics, regardless of grade level. On December 1, 2014, ISBE announced an option for grades 9-12 PARCC testing. This announcement is posted online at http://www.isbe.net/assessment/listserv/2014/dec1.htm.
For more information, please visit www.parcconline.org.
PARCC 2014-15 Information (1/29/15)
- Illinois Educator Leader Cadre (ELC)
- PARCC 2014-15 Hot Topics (Fact Sheets, FAQs etc) (8/14)
- PARCC 2014-15 Testing Windows (7/14)
- PARCC Spring Test Coordinator and Test Administrator Manuals - Now available!!
- Scheduling PARCC Assessments (1/12/15)
- Protocol for PARCC Materials Shipments for Spring 2015 (1/15/15)
Pre-ID File Notice (10/24/14)
To assist with making this possible, ISBE has removed the grade 11 programming in SIS to allow students who have not previously taken the PSAE to be eligible as grade 12. Rule making on the diploma requirement and State assessments is forthcoming.
- The Illinois Educator Leader Cadre (ELC) is a network of educators who
assist the state board staff in building awareness and understanding of the
Common Core State Standards (CCSS) and the PARCC assessments. This group of
professionals was chosen through an application process as part of the
services offered by the PARCC consortium. Over the last two years members have received additional training on the CCSS and PARCC.
The ELC members are working together to build understanding through
newsletters, workshops and presentations. These educators have presented
both locally and statewide.
To find an ELC member in your region, please download the statewide map below.
- Accommodations for English Learners
School districts looking for word-to-word bilingual dictionaries for their EL students to use during PARCC testing are referred to a list created by the state of Massachusetts. This list is offered as a resource. Schools and districts may select any word-to-word dictionaries that are not listed provided they meet the following criteria:
This chart provides a visual representation of the standards assigned to each course of the Traditional mathematics pathway and the Integrated mathematics pathway. PARCC emphasis coding categorizes the major content, supporting content, and additional content for each course and allows for comparison of standards across the two pathways.
This document provides a quick glance at the Traditional Course Sequence (Algebra 1, Geometry, Algebra 2) and the Integrated Course Sequence (Math I, Math II, and Math III) by listing the cluster headings for the standards assigned to each course of each mathematics pathway
- Assessment Update Webinar- Updated approximately every 2 weeks
- Balanced Assessment Presentations and Webinars
- Webinar: Accessibility Features & Accommodations Manual Training - December 30, 2014 (35:40)
- Presentation: State Testing Accommodations for English Learners (ELs) - December, 2014
- Webinar: Developing Meaningful IEPs and Utilizing the New Illinois Learning Standards (45:02) - December 8, 2014
- Webinar: PARCC Infrastructure Trial Walkthrough (1:20:10) - December 16, 2014
- Webinar: Understanding the Changes with Assessments and the IEP - October 16, 2014 (14:42)
- Webinar: Reading I-TRAx Reports - October 8, 2014 (1:01:20)
- Webinar: Introduction for Test Coordinators to the Assessment Data Systems for PARCC and DLM - September 19, 2014 (55:00)
- Webinar: Adding Users in PARCC Assessment System (For District Leaders Only) - September 8, 2014 (11:12)
- Webinar: I-TRAx (Illinois Technology Readiness Tool) – Statewide Rollout - August 25, 2014 (01:19:00)
- Presentations: 2014 Special Education Directors' Conference (8/14)
- Presentation: A New Vision of Assessment: Texts Worth Reading, Problems Worth Solving, Tests Worth Taking (4/14)
- Webinar: A Look Into PARCC Sample Items - February 18, 2014 (48:20)
- Webinar: How to Administer Accessibility Features and Accommodations on the PARCC Online Platform - November 26, 2013 (38:00)
- Webinar: PARCC Model Content Frameworks
- PARCC Video Series
Learn about the new PARCC assessments in this series of short videos featuring interviews with ISBE Director of Assessment Mary O’Brian, Illinois PARCC Coordinator Dan Long, Mathematics and English Language Learning Content Specialists, and other experts.
- PARCC Webinars/Presentations Archives
NOTE: If you experience difficulties viewing videos please refer to our Video Tips document.
Questions about Assessments?
If you are interested in receiving direct information from ISBE’s Student Assessment Division, please subscribe to one or both of our listservs: