Parent Notification of Enrollment Requirements
Districts must provide written notification to parents of
LEP students each year that they enroll in a TBE/TPI program
in compliance with state and federal regulations. The letters
below incorporate Title III and Illinois School Code requirements
and are available to all districts. However, a district may
also choose to develop their own letter that incorporates
all requirements found in Section 14C-4 of the
Illinois School Code (105 ILCS 5/14C-4).
Districts must send notification letters to parents of LEP students who participate in language instruction programs no later than 30 days after the beginning of each school year. Districts must notify parents every year in which LEP students participate in a language instruction program. When a student is identified as LEP after the start of the school year, the districts must send a notification letter to the students’ parents within 14 days of the child being placed in a language instruction program.
Parent Notification Letter Instructions
- Notification letter for parents of students enrolled
in their first, second or third year of the program
- Notification letter for parents of students enrolled in
the program beyond the three year period
- Program description pages for Transitional Bilingual Education, Transitional Program of Instruction, Dual Language/Two-Way Immersion, Developmental Bilingual Education and Newcomer Program
To compile the parent notification packet:
- Select the appropriate letter (A or B).
- Select the description of the program in which the student
is enrolled and of any other programs that are available
to the students in the school (C).
- Send both the letter and the description(s) to the parent.
Parent Notification Letters
(Select one of these two options)
(Select all that apply)
Enroll 1-3 Years
Beyond 3 Years
|Chinese (Mandarin Chinese SIMP)|