English Language Learning
The Division provides leadership, advocacy and support to districts, policymakers and citizens by promoting equitable access to language support services for students from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds who have been identified as English Language Learners. These services will assist them to become lifelong learners, able to contribute to and function in a multicultural and globally competitive world.
- 2015-16 Seal of Biliteracy training video posted (8/20/15)
- Compliance Monitoring update posted(8/20/15)
- District Preschool Program Plan for serving English Learners updated(8/19/15)
- Upcoming Conferences:
- New Leadership Workshop held August 3-4, 2015- Handouts available!
- 2013 Bilingual Education Programs and English Learners in Illinois Statistical Report (July 2015) posted (8/5/15)
- Professional Development posted for SY 2015-2016 (8/15)
- Student Registration and Enrollment Guidance - Residency, Immigrant Pupils, Homeless Pupils and School Fees and Waivers
Additional Contact Information
Division Administrator: David González Nieto, English Language Learning