September 17, 2008
ISBE DELL e-Broadcast 2008.132 - WIDA ACCESS Placement Test Workshop Registrations
Dear Educators Serving ELLs
This note is from the Division of English Language Learning at the Illinois State Board of Education.
There is still space available for you and your teachers to attend one of three WIDA ACCESS Placement Test Workshops that will be held later this month. The three workshops will be presented at no cost to you in Lake County, in Southern Cook County and in Southern Illinois.
The deadline to register for workshops listed below is this Thursday at 12:00 p.m.
The locations and dates of the WIDA Access Placement Test Workshops:
September 23, 2008
University Center – CCLC
1200 University Center Dr.,
Grayslake, IL 60030
September 24, 2008
South Cook ISC
253 W. Joe Orr Rd.
Chicago Heights, IL 60411
September 25, 2008
John A. Logan Community College
700 Logan College Rd.
Carterville, IL 62918
To register for these workshops, see http://www.isbe.net/bilingual/pdfs/prof_dev_wrkshp_reg_form.pdf and contact Nora Sandoval of the Illinois Resource Center at 224-366-8555. You must register to attend the workshops. Also at this link are other related workshops scheduled in October, November, December and April.
By attending a workshop above administrators and teachers will
- understand how WAPT test items are organized
- be able to administer and score the listening and speaking tests
- be able to apply the speaking and writing test rubrics and reliably score the speaking and writing tests.
In closing, educators are reminded that:
- Attendance will not constitute certification.
- Certification to administer ACCESS for ELLs is an online process available at http://www.wida/us.
- Educators that have already been certified to administer ACCESS for ELLs do not need to be re-certified although they will benefit from reviewing WAPT processes.