October 16, 2008
ISBE DELL e-Broadcast 2008.133 - Attention Bilingual Program Directors -Revised Initial LIPLEPS and IEP Budgets
Dear Bilingual Education Directors:
FY09 LIPLEPS and IEP funding will not be approved until districts submit a REVISED INITIAL BUDGET for the full allocation amount. The final FY09 per student dollar allocations for Title III LIPLEPS and IEP funding are now available on FRIS.
- If your district submitted an application for FY09 LIPLEPS funding at the initial level of $100 per student, the final LIPLEPS funding level is $174 per student.
- If your district submitted an application for FY09 IEP funding at the initial level of $125 per student, the final IEP funding level is $165.
Please revise your Title III budgets to include this increase as soon as possible. However, before you start working on your revised budgets, make certain that your district has filed a final expenditure report for FY08 for these funds. Once the FY08 expenditure reports have been finalized, any available carryover funds will be transferred into your FY09 amounts on FRIS.
Note that you must submit the REVISED INITIAL BUDGETS, not budget amendments. For this purpose, use the budget forms from your FY09 application which should still be found on your desktop.
The submission must include an original and one copy of:
- The Budget Summary and Payment Schedule signed by your Superintendent for the full funding amount including any prepayment and carryover funds from FY08.
- The Detailed Budget Breakdown pages
- The Rationale for Equipment Purchase Request (if capital outlay is included in the budget)
- Part B-8 Proposed Supplemental Instruction and Other Program Related Activities (p. 15). This part should include all proposed activities submitted in the original application as well as any revisions or additions based on the increase in the final allocation. Include any new program, parent outreach and/or professional development activities.
Send the revised initial budget to:
Illinois State Board of Education
Division of English Language Learning
100 W. Randolph Street, Suite 14-300
Chicago, Illinois 60601
Special Instructions for LIPLEPS Cooperatives:
- If you are the administrative agent for a LIPLEPS cooperative, ask your member districts for a Revised Initial Budget at their final allocation amount. On the administrative agent’s Revised Initial Budget, list the names of the member districts and their new amounts under Payment to Other Governmental Units (Function 4100)/Transfer (Object 700). Include copies of the member districts’ new budgets in your revised budget submission.
- If you are a member district in a LIPLEPS cooperative, provide the administrative agent district with a revised budget for the use of your LIPLEPS funds.
If you have questions on the appropriate uses of Title III funds or how to complete this submission, please call your principal consultant at 312-814-3850. The list of districts and their assigned ISBE/DELL consultants is available at: http://www.isbe.net/bilingual/pdfs/ell_contacts.pdf