English Language Learning
ACCESS for ELLs® - Certification Information
Please be advised that the instructions below have been updated for the 2008-2009 school year. Educators that have previously been certified do not need to be re-certified on an annual basis.
The process described below is for teachers that are not currently certified to administer ACCESS for ELLs®; and the W-APT screener.
What is the process for getting certified to administer ACCESS for ELLs® and the W-APT Screener?
- Go to http://www.wida.us . Click on login button at the top right hand corner of the website.
- Enter "illinois" and "lincoln" in the username and password cells.
- Click on the "Continue" button.
- Select "IL" in the pull down menu.
- Select district name from the pull down menu.
- Complete account information is cells provided.
- Click on "create account"
For additional assistance in creating accounts and taking quizzes to administer ACCESS for ELLsℵ and the W-APT Screener, see http://www.wida.us/contactus.aspx .
Once an educator successfully completes the quizzes to administer ACCESS for ELLs® and the W-APT screener, it will take approximately 6-8 weeks for the record to appear on the Illinois Educator Certification System (ECS).