ILLINOIS STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
State Board of Education Meeting and FY 2015 Budget Hearing
James R. Thompson Center
100 W. Randolph, 14th Floor
Friday, November 22, 2013
FY 2015 Budget Hearing
*12:00 - 2:00 p.m.
(*or immediately following the Board Meeting)
This meeting will also be audio cast on the Internet at: www.isbe.net
- Roll Call/Pledge of Allegiance
- Consideration of and Possible Actions on Any Requests for Participation in Meeting by Other Means
- Public Participation
- Promising Strategies to Help Disadvantaged Youth – Jens Ludwig, University of Chicago
- *Superintendent's Report – Consent Agenda
All action consideration items listed with an asterisk (*) are considered to be routine and will be enacted in one motion and vote. Any board member who wishes separate discussion on any item listed on the consent agenda may remove that item from the consent agenda, in which event, the item will be considered in its normal sequence.
- *Approval of Minutes:
- Plenary Minutes: October 23-24, 2013
- *Rules for Initial Review
- Part 227 (Gifted Education)
- Part 232 (Summer Bridges Program)
- Part 240 (Alternative Learning Opportunities Program)
- Part 265 (Grants for Arts Education and Foreign Language)
- *Contracts and Grants Over $1 Million
- Request to Award LDS Data Warehouse
- Local Assessment Support LAS Contract
- Request for RFSP for Online Report Card Development
- Regional Office of Education Consolidation
- Discussion Items .
- Legislative Update
- District Oversight - Monthly Update
- East St. Louis and North Chicago budget discussion
- Other items for discussion
- P-20 Council Liaison Report
- Superintendent's/Senior Staff Announcements
- Chairman's Report
- Member Reports
- Information Items
- ISBE Fiscal & Administrative Monthly Reports (available online at http://isbe.net/board/fiscal_admin_rep.htm)
This meeting will be accessible to persons with disabilities. Persons planning to attend who need special accommodations should contact the Board office no later than the date prior to the meeting. Contact the Superintendent's office at the State Board of Education, Phone: 217-782-2221; TTY/TDD: 217-782-1900; Fax: 217-785-3972.
NOTE: Chairman Chico may call for a break in the meeting as necessary in order for the Board to go into closed session.