College and Career Readiness
CTE Areas -
Business, Marketing, and Computer Education
Contact: Karen Drage at email@example.com
A matrix has been developed to provide a quick glance of the appropriate sequence of courses for approved programs. This matrix is only a guide to aid in the development of approved Business, Marketing, and Computer Education programs therefore not all approved courses are listed. If you have any questions please contact Linda King.
- Accounting Technology/Technician and Bookkeeping–CIP 52.0302
- Administrative Assistant and Secretarial Science, General–CIP 52.0401
- Business and Personal/Financial Services Marketing Operations–CIP 52.1908
- Computer Programming, Specific Applications–CIP 11.0202
- Computer Systems Networking and Telecommunications–CIP 11.0901
- Entrepreneurship/Entrepreneurial Studies–CIP 52.0701 (Entrepreneurship)
- Sales, Distribution, and Marketing Operations, General–CIP 52.1801
- Web Page, Digital/Multimedia and Information Resources Design–CIP 11.0801
Employers, educators, and parents agree that effective computer use is a requisite outcome for all students. In order to accomplish this required level of computer competence, a productive computer keyboarding skill is essential. The Illinois Business Education Association in collaboration with the State Board of Education, developed a sequential plan for developing keyboarding skills in grades K-12.
These research-based guidelines are recommended for implementation
in new or existing technology or computer keyboarding curriculum.
A tremendous amount of concern regarding the inability of
individuals to utilize computers efficiently and effectively
has surfaced from parents, educators, and employers.
The brochure located using the following link provides a definition of keyboarding, objectives for various grade levels, researched-based guidelines for keyboarding instruction, notable quotes, and contact information.
It is essential that these recommendations be shared at all levels - elementary, middle/junior high, and high school.
The brochure can be downloaded, printed and disseminated.
- keyboarding brochure
- keyboarding assessment
Career and Technical Student Organizations