College and Career Readiness
- Webinar Video: Overview of Flexible Delivery Models for the Gifted/Talented (38:30) ((1/27/16)
- Gifted and Talented Children, Article 14A of the School Code [105 ILCS 5/Art. 14A]
- Twice-Exceptional Children, Section 22-50 of the School Code [105 ILCS 5/22-50]
- 23 Ill. Adm. Code 227 (Gifted Education)
- Please note the deadlines have passed for educators who wished to receive the gifted education teacher endorsement under the grandfathering provisions.
- Endorsements may be added to an Illinois educator license when educators meet specific coursework and testing requirements. Two new endorsements relative to gifted education are described in Illinois Administrative Rule 25.100 (l):
Gifted Education Teacher Endorsement and Gifted Education Specialist Endorsement.
The Gifted Education Teacher endorsement may be used to provide instruction in a gifted education program, while the Gifted Education Specialist endorsement may be used to provide instruction to students and provide both technical assistance and professional development to other educators.
For more information please contact: