The following information is found in Part 25, Appendix D of the Illinois Administrative Rules. It has been adapted in this format so that it may be more easily read. Please note: many of the HOUSSE point values reference Subpart J of Part 25 of the Illinois Administrative Rules pertaining to standard/master certificate renewal.
Illinois Highly Qualified Requirements
- Introduction and General
- General Education
- Bilingual Education
- English as a Second Language (ESL) or English as a New Language (ENL)—Please note: a course with either of these titles is, by definition, a course in English.
- Special Education
- Special Provisions for “New” Special Education Teachers
- Kindergarten through Grade 5
- Middle Grades (grades 6-8)
- Secondary (grades 9-12)
- High Objective Uniform State Standards of Evaluation (HOUSSE)
- What is HOUSSE?
- Credible HOUSSE Point Values and Activities
- Important HOUSSE Information!
- Instructions for Using the Educator Certification System (ECS) to Record Your Highly Qualified Teacher (HQT) Status
- Special Circumstances (Click here if you fall under any of these categories):
- Charter School Teachers
- Teachers Who Hold Alternative Certificates
- Resident Teacher
- Visiting International Teachers
- Vocational (Career and Technical) Education Teachers