Illinois Licensure Testing System (ILTS)
Teacher, School Service Personnel and Administrator Licensure Testing
- Notice: (Updated January 23, 2013)
Be advised that beginning December 19, 2012, ISBE may accept ACT Plus Writing (composite score of 22) and SAT (composite score of 1030 on critical reading and mathematics) score reports that are up to 10 years old. The official score report cannot be more than 10 years old (month/year) at the time of the application (ISBE form 73-60 or 73-54) and submission to ISBE and must include a score on a writing component. Click here for more information.
In addition, Basic Skills (096 and 300) and Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP 400) scores are also valid for 10 years. The 10-year validity period is determined by the date the test was passed and the date that the fees are processed for the requested certificate or endorsement.
If the Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP 400) or the previous Basic Skills test (300 or 096) was required for entry into an approved Illinois certification program, those scores will be honored beyond the 10 years as long as the individual is entitled by the same institution.
If the Illinois Basic Skills test or TAP was previously passed and was required for the issuance of an Illinois certificate, the TAP test will not be required for any subsequent certificate or endorsement.
- (Updated 1/23/13) Effective December 19, 2012–Information Regarding the Use of ACT Plus Writing and SAT in lieu of the TAP
- Fact Sheet about the Assessment of Professional Teaching - APT Test (Updated 1/13)
- Fact Sheet about the Special Education General Curriculum Test (SEGC) (Updated 1/13)
- The Relationship between Illinois Basic Skills test results and ACT scores: Updated Analysis (May, 2012)
Test Registration Information
Information About the Content of Tests
- Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP) - quarterly reporting format (formerly known as the Test of Basic Skills)
- Basic Skills Testing Data - Testing Results (PDF Format)
- General Assembly Report: ICTS Basic Skills and Content Area Test Pass Rate Summary: Initial and Cumulative
- Cumulative Pass Rate Summary on the Basic Skills Test by Ethnicity
- Institutional Pass Rate Summary of the Test of Academic Proficiency (TAP)
- Institutional Pass Rate Summary on the Basic Skills Test
- ICTS Summary of Aggregate Examinee Performance (PDF format)
- Title II State and Institution Report Cards