Learning Supports: Collaboration in the Common Core Classroom
Teachers, Coaches, Professional Development Coordinators
- 45 minute face to face facilitated training to continue increasing capacity of coordinators, coaches, and teachers for student collaboration skill building. This professional development session includes connections to CCSS ELA/MATH/and Illinois Social and Emotional Learning Standards.
Suggested Use for these Documents:
- Professional Development Coordinators can use these documents to run a workshop on capacity building of student collaboration skills.
- Teachers can use these documents as a guide to build collaboration skill capacity within their classroom.
- 45 minute Face to Face Training needs:
- Facilitator Guide, Slides, Notes
- Computer with internet access
- Projector (Screen if no blank wall is available)
- Chart Paper for questions/ideas/parking lot
- Large Post-IT notes for each table/small group
- Markers or pens for each table/small group
- Handouts and resources for each table/small group are extensive for this professional development session. PLEASE review resources attached. Initial development of resources may take 8 hours and cost up to $50. – ALL would be reusable. Additional option is to contact Learning Supports Specialist throughout the state (www.isbe.net/learningsupports) who have Collaboration Resource Kits for loan.
Send questions and comments to:
- Facililtator's Guide
- Collaboration PowerPoint
- Collaborationn Slides with NOTES
- Resource Book
- Collaboration Questions
- Collaboration Guide
- Roles Labels
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License