Learning Supports: Engagement Webinar for the (Math) Classroom
(Math) Teachers, Coaches, Professional Development Coordinators
- 33 minute standalone webinar which defines student engagement and disengagement. Additionally, opportunities are provided for reflection on engagement strategies found within the Common Core Mathematical Practices 1, 3, & 4.
Dr. Robert Mann, Associate Professor at Western Illinois University, developed and delivered this Keynote for the 2012 Regional Common Core Math Conference in Springfield, IL.
Suggested Use for these Documents:
- Professional Development Coordinators and Coaches can use this webinar and handouts to develop the capacities of teachers in regards to student engagement within the Common Core (math) classroom.
- (Math) teachers can use these documents as a guide to implement engagement strategies within their classroom.
- Note: Though designed for the Common Core math classroom, the engagement strategies offered in this webinar can also apply to all classrooms. Therefore, other content teachers are encouraged to review these materials as well.
- 33 minute Webinar needs computer with internet connection (headphones if necessary).
- URL link to Webinar
- 6 printed handouts
- Reflection Tool 1
- Reflection Tool 2
- Reflection Tool 3
- Filled out worksheet
- Collegial Discussions handout
- Engagement Newsletter
Send questions and comments to:
- Webinar slides with script and embedded video links
- HANDOUT – Reflection Tool 1
- HANDOUT – Reflection Tool 2
- HANDOUT – Reflection Tool 3
- HANDOUT – Completed Worksheet
- HANDOUT – Collegial Discussions
- HANDOUT – Engagement Newsletter
- WEBINAR - Engagement for the (Math) Classroom (33:46)
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License