Funding and Disbursements
Illinois Purchased Care Review Board
The purpose of the Illinois Purchased Care Review Board is to review and approve or disapprove the costs and set rates for nonpublic facilities. These nonpublic facilities have been reviewed and approved by the Illinois State Board of Education pursuant to the requirements of 23 Illinois Administrative Code 401.
The powers and duties of the Board include:
- Establishing rules, regulations and policies for its operations.
- Reviewing the costs for special education and related services provided by eligible nonpublic special education facilities and out-of-state public school education programs and approving or disapproving individual facility rates with respect to allowable costs.
- Establishing uniform definitions and criteria for accounting separately for the costs of special education and related services and room and board.
- Establishing guidelines for the coordination of services and financial assistance provided by all State agencies to assure that no otherwise qualified child with a disability, eligible for services under Article 14 of the School Code, shall be excluded from participation in, denied the benefits of, or subjected to discrimination under any program or activity provided by any State agency.
The membership of the Board consists of the following persons, or their designees: The Directors of the Department of Children and Family Services; Department of Human Services, Office of Rehabilitation Services; Department of Human Services, Office of Developmental Disabilities; Department of Public Health; Department of Public Aid; and Bureau of the Budget; the State Superintendent of Education; and such other persons as the Governor may designate. Designated and alternate representatives of each member agency shall be made in writing to the Chairperson prior to the exercise of voting privilege at any regular or special meeting.
The Illinois State Board of Education provides administrative and staff support for the Board. These staff apply the rate-setting rules of the Purchased Care Review Board in the determination of allowable costs for approximately 330 nonpublic education facilities serving Illinois children with disabilities.
- Current Board Members (5/14)
- IPCRB Meeting Schedule
- IPCRB Meeting Archive
- IPCRB Rules
- IPCRB Bylaws
- Special Education Private Facilities (The Harrisburg Project website)
- Rate Delay Memo (Updated 9/9/14)
- 2014-15 Medians and Inflation Factors
- Consolidated Financial Report Login Portal
- IPCRB Annual Financial Reporting Requirements
- IPCRB Certification Statement
- IPCRB Instructions to the CFR
- Request for Extension for filing CFR
- Sample Statement When Including the Cost Report Within the Independent Audit Report
- Supplemental Schedule to CFR