Funding and Disbursements
The Official School Calendar is the single document around which a school district functions. The School Code mandates a minimum of 185 days in the proposed school calendar to insure 176 days of pupil attendance. The School Code also defines the types of days which may be included in the calendar, i.e., Teacher Institutes, Parent/Teacher Conferences, etc.
The proposed school calendar is to be submitted to the Regional Office of Education no later than June 15th.
The final school calendar is to be submitted to the Regional Office of Education no later than the last day of school.
The data on the final school calendar must agree with the data included on the districts General State Aid Claim.
- 2013-14 Public School Calendars - Submission and Approval Assistance
- Holiday Waiver
- Balanced/Year Round School Listing (7/14)
- Heat Day Policy
- PA 97-0742—5 Hours of Instruction on First and Last Day of School
- Public School Calendar Guidelines
- School Code Waiver information and application
- School Closure for Health Emergency
- Submittal/Approval Checklist