Title Grant Administration
Neglected and Delinquent Youth
Child Left Behind, , Title I, Part D; 20 U.S.C. 6421-6472
Prevention and Intervention Programs for Children and Youth
Who are Neglected, Delinquent, or At Risk
Provides financial assistant to educational programs for youths in state-operated institutions or community day programs. The program also provides financial assistance to support school districts’ programs involving collaboration with locally operated correction facilities to:
- Improve educational services for children and youth in local and state institutions for those youth to have the opportunity to meet the same challenging state academic content standards and student achievement that all children in the State are expected to meet;
- To provide such children and youth with the services needed to make a successful transition from institutionalization to further schooling and employment;
- To prevent at-risk youth from dropping out of school, and to provide dropouts, and children and youth returning from correctional facilities or institutions for neglected and delinquent youth, with a support system to ensure their continued education.
- U.S. Department of Education Legislation, Regulations and Guidance
- Non-Regulatory Policy Guidance for Title I, Part D
- FY 2016 Annual Survey of Children in Local Institutions (20-60) (8/15)
Professional Organizations, Associations, and Agencies
Evaluation and Technical Assistance Center for the Education
of Children and Youth Who are Neglected, Delinquent,
Providing technical assistance to State Agencies providing Title I, Part D services – improving education for children neglected, delinquent and at-risk
The Correctional Education Association (CEA), founded in 1945, is a non-profit, professional association serving educators and administrators who provides services to students in correctional settings. The CEA is the largest affiliate of the American Correctional Association.
- USED Neglected and Delinquent State Agency and Local Educational Agency Program
S. Office of Correction Education (OCE)
Provides national leadership on issues in correctional education. The Office of Correctional Education (OCE) provides technical assistance to States, local schools, and correctional institutions and shares information on correctional education.
- U. S. Department of Justice