Innovation & Improvement
Webinar Archive(Download Real Player to view Videos)
NOTE: If you experience any difficulty viewing the video segments due to a codec error, please download the Go to Meeting codec at: http://www.gotomeeting.com/codec.
- SIG 1003(g) Successful Applications by Design Webinar (4/16/14)
- NCLB FY13 Annual Performance Report (9/13/13)
- SIG 1003(g) FY14 Online Continuation Applications Webinar (Cohorts 2 and 3) (6/18/13)
- SIG 1003(g) Budget Webinar (Cohorts 2-4) (6/18/13)
- FY 14 NCLB Grant Application Process Webinar Series (6/13/13)
- NCLB Title I: Charter School Primer Webinar (6/11/13)
- SIG 1003(g) Successful Applications "By Design" Webinar (4/5/13)
- FY 2014 SIG Request for Proposal (RFP) Bidders' Webinar (3/22/13)
- Developing the SIG 1003(g) Needs Assessment Webinar (3/6/13)
- Introduction to the 1003(g) School Improvement Grant Webinar (2/13/13)
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers New Grant Awardees Webinar (11/27/12)
- The SSOS Coaching Service Log (9/20/12)
- East St. Louis: Overcoming Barriers and Engaging Stakeholders Webinar (9/10/12)
- FY 2013 21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant – Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar (8/7/12)
- FY 2013 NCLB Consolidated Application (6/15/12)
- 21st Century Community Learning Center FY13 Continuation Application Webinar (6/13/12)
- Request for Sealed Proposals: The Center for School Improvement Bidder’s Webinar (6/11/12)
- NCLB Title I Grant Management (5/16/12)
- Understanding Title I Schoolwide Programs (5/16/12)
- Transforming Educator Evaluations in Illinois Webinar (5/9/12)
- Engaging and Empowering Parents: Concrete steps that schools can take (4/25/12)
- Establishing A School-Based mentoring Program (4/25/12)
- Million Father March: The first Step To Cultivating Year-Round Father Involvement (4/25/12)
- FY 2013 School Improvement Grant 1003g Request for Proposal (RFP) Bidders’ Conference Webinar (4/23/12)
- Creating Safer Schools for All: Addressing Anti-LGBTQ Harassment and Bullying in Schools (4/13/12)
- Youth Development (4/13/12)
- Keeping Students Safe, Accountable and in School: Understanding punitive Discipline on Youth Webinar (4/13/12)
- Developing the SIG 1003(g) Needs Assessment (3/22/12)
- Introduction to the 1003(g) School Improvement Grant (3/14/12)
- An introduction to ISBE, 21st CCLC staffing, programming, compliance, budgeting, reimbursements and more (1/5/12)
- Illinois Innovation Talent (ILIT) Project Grant Information (1/5/12)
- FY 2012 21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant – Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar (7/6/11)
- EGMS Spring 2011 Workshop - for the 2012 NCLB Consolidated Application Grants - Webinar (5/24/11)
- NCLB Consolidated Application, Title I and Title IIA Page Overviews - Webinar (5/24/11)
- NCLB FY 12 Budget Detail, Budget Summary, Amendment, Submitting Webinar (5/24/11)
- FY 2011 SIG 1003(g) Continuing Application Technical Assistance Webinar (5/6/11)
- FY 2012 School Improvement Grant 1003g – Applicant Technical Assistance Conference (4/14/11)
- FY 2012 School Improvement Grant 1003g – Bidders Conference (4/4/11)
- FY 2012 SIG 1003(g) Budget Development Webinar (2/23/11)
- Pre-Application Needs Assessment Webinar (12/13/10)
- Districts in Corrective Action (9/14/10)
- Overview of Public School Choice (7/20/10)
- Title I Services Provided to Private School Students (6/28/10)
- FY 11 NCLB Grant Training (6/17/10)
- Introduction to the 1003(g) School Improvement Grants for 2010 (3/10/10)
- School Improvement Grants—LEA Webinars on the Intervention Models (3/10)
- Webinar Video
- PowerPoint Presentation
- ISBE School Improvement Grant Resources Handout
- Examples of Theory of Action Statements
- Sample Decision Making Matrix
- Webinar Video (17:00)
- Part 1: Overview of the FY14 NCLB Grant Process - Webinar Video (11:00)
- Part 2: Titles I & II - Webinar Video (24:38)
- Part 3: Budget & Submission - Webinar Video (20:00)
- PowerPoint Presentation
East St. Louis: Overcoming Barriers and Engaging Stakeholders Webinar
September 10, 2012
FY 2013 21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant – Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar
August 7, 2012
To describe and explain the information necessary for submission of a proposal in response to the 2013 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program request for proposals.
The Innovation and Improvement Division has recorded the three webinars below to help you complete the FY13 NCLB Consolidated Application. We strongly encourage you to review these prior to completing the application. We also encourage you to review Chapter 3 in the NCLB Consolidated Application Toolkit found at http://www.isbe.net/grants/pdf/NCLB_toolkit.pdf
- Part 1: eGMS 2012 Workshop for the FY2013 NCLB Grants Webinar Video (Total running time: 12:34)
- Part 2: FY13 NCLB Consolidated Application Overview Webinar Video (Total running time: 28:47)
- Part 3: FY 13 NCLB Consolidated Application Fiscal Overview (Total running time: 25:41)
- PowerPoint Presentation
The Webinar and PowerPoint explain the process for entering the e-grant application in IWAS.
This webinar explains the Performance and Evaluation Reform Act as it pertains specifically to Cohort 1, 2, and 3 – SIG 1003(g) School Improvement Grant recipients.
- Webinar Video (Total running time: 59:52)
- Webinar Video (Total running time: 40:55)
- Webinar Video (Total running time: 39:52)
FY 2013 School Improvement Grant 1003g Request for Proposal (RFP) Bidders’ Conference Webinar
April 23, 2012
Hosted by the Innovation and Improvement Division of ISBE. Discusses the FY 2013 SIG 1003(g) School Improvement Grant 1003g RFP and answers questions from potential applicants. Webinar explains how the Needs Assessment and SIG 1003(g) FY2013 Application will be analyzed by reviewers. Specific guidance given on developing the three year budget and how district capacity and school readiness are measured. For all district and school leadership teams who are developing SIG 1003(g) applications.
Creating Safer Schools for All: Addressing Anti-LGBTQ Harassment and Bullying in Schools Webinar
April 13, 2012
This one-hour webinar introduces participants to terminology, statistics and resources on bullying and harassment on the basis of actual and/or perceived sexual orientation and gender identity. Participants will gain an understanding of the pervasiveness of this type of bullying in schools and its negative impact on the ability of all students to engage and achieve. Further, participants will become familiar with tools and resources to intervene in and address this type of bullying toward creating a more positive school climate and culture. First in a series of three webinars created by the Illinois Safe Schools Alliance based on the recommendations of the Illinois School Bullying Prevention Task Force.
Second in a series of three webinars created by the Illinois Safe Schools Alliance based on the recommendations of the Illinois School Bullying Prevention Task Force.
Keeping Students Safe, Accountable and in School: Understanding punitive Discipline on Youth Webinar
April 13, 2012
Third in a series of three webinars created by the Illinois Safe Schools Alliance based on the recommendations of the Illinois School Bullying Prevention Task Force.
An introduction to ISBE, 21st CCLC staffing, programming, compliance, budgeting, reimbursements and more
January 5, 2012
- Webinar Video
- PowerPoint Presentations:
This webinar is hosted by The Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity (IDCEO), the Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) Innovation and Improvement Division, and Illinois Department of Transportation (IDOT) and describes and explains the information necessary for submission of the proposal to the Illinois Innovation Talent (ILIT) Request for Proposal. Applicants eligible to apply are those who are serving middle and high school students and are schools or FY 08 - FY 12 21st Century Community Learning Centers.
FY 2012 21st Century Community Learning Centers Grant – Applicant Technical Assistance Webinar
July 7, 2011
To describe and explain the information necessary for submission of a proposal in response to the 2012 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program request for proposals.
EGMS Spring 2011 Workshop - for the 2012 NCLB Consolidated Application Grants - Webinar
May 24, 2011
Provides an overview of the programs, roles and responsibilities, system helpful hints, and how to access the grant.
Provides details about some of the NCLB Consolidated, Title I and II pages of the application including the targeting steps 1-4, equitable share pages and schoolwide page.
Provides details of the budget parts of the grant, including the allocation and transfer option and budgeting pages including function and object code helpful hints. It also includes submitting the grant, page locking and where to go to see where an application is in the process.
A webinar to discuss the FY 2011 SIG 1003(g) School Improvement Grant 1003g Continuing Application and answer questions from representatives of the funded Illinois SIG 1003(g) programs.
A webinar to address questions from district and school team members preparing an Illinois FY 2012 School Improvement Grant – Section 1003(g) application.
Technical assistance with the development of approvable LEA and Individual School budgets for the FY 2012 SIG 1003(g) grant applications.
This webinar was for superintendents of Districts in Corrective Action. ISBE staff explained requirements and available technical assistance for the 2010-11 school year.
This short webinar, covers topics such as the notification letter and various options for ensuring compliance with the law.
This 20 minute webinar, covers topics such as consultation, equitable services, educational need and participation, staffing and servicing the private school program, evaluation, third party providers, and the NCLB application.
The webinar provides important information for districts applying for federal funds through the consolidated application. Illinois’ NCLB Consolidated Application for LEAs includes the following programs - Title I, Part A, Improving the Academic Achievement of the Disadvantaged and Title II, Part A, Teacher and Principal Training and Recruitment Fund. Title II, Part D, Enhancing Education through Technology and Title IV, Part A, Safe and Drug-Free Schools and Communities are also included.
The webinar includes an overview of the application, point-by-point instructions for completing the application, and questions and answers.
The webinar provides important background information for eligible applicants to complete the application to apply for SIG 1003(g). The webinar includes an overview of the Tier definitions, an overview of the four intervention models, the anticipated timeline for the release and return of the grant, and questions and answers.
CII prepared the content for the webinar sessions and coproduced the webinars with the Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) in order to assist regional comprehensive centers (RCCs) and state education agencies (SEAs) provide critical and timely information on the four intervention models to local education agencies (LEAs). Each webinar focuses on an intervention model—transformation, turnaround, restart, and closure—by walking through the following format:
- Review the definition/scope of the respective intervention model
- Present the theory of action underlying the intervention model
- Introduce strategies to maximize the positive impact of the intervention by fully leveraging its potential (e.g., how to identify a skilled turnaround or transformation leader or how to assess the track record of an education management organization)
- Outline pitfalls to avoid (e.g., communicating that change is optional as opposed to mandatory, failing to prioritize teacher hiring in low-achieving schools, allowing unofficial district/school operating procedures to inhibit dramatic improvement)
- List guiding questions for regional centers to discuss with state education agencies and local districts
- Identify key resources