Equal attention to Learning Supports is essential so that:
- Every student will demonstrate academic achievement and be prepared for success after high school;
- Every student will be supported by highly prepared and effective teachers and school leaders; and
- Every school will offer a safe and healthy learning environment for all students.
Dropping out of school is often the result of progressive cognitive, emotional, and behavioral disengagement. Dropout Prevention efforts should promote the various types of engagement and have structures and practices in place to identify students most at risk of dropping out and re-engage those students as soon as possible.
- Personalized learning environments and instructional process;
- Rigorous and relevant instruction;
- Utilization of a data system that accurately reflects the number of students who drop out and identifies individual students at risk of dropping out;
- Targeted interventions that