Licensure Requirements(Revised 2/4/16)
The Illinois State Board of Education issues the following types of licenses:
(for detailed information on license types please refer to our FAQ Document)
Professional Educator License (PEL) (1/13/16)
• Effective July 16, 2015: New licensure requirements were signed into law on July 16, 2015. Please read the summary below for complete details.
The links below detail the requirements for obtaining a professional educator license and an educator license with stipulations. Additional requirements for teaching, administrative, school support personnel, and content/subject area endorsements are outlined in individual documents. Be sure to view the requirements for both the license and the specific endorsement you wish to obtain. If you are an out-of-state or foreign applicant please click here.
For more information please refer to our FAQ document.
Before you apply for a license or an endorsement, please read this document. See what endorsements and grade ranges are available so you apply appropriately.
- Illinois License with Stipulations Endorsement Requirements (11/15)
- Illinois License Registration Information - You must register your license!
- Out-Of-State and Foreign Applicant Requirements(1/16)
- Testing Information(12/15)