Nutrition and Wellness Programs
Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program
The Illinois State Board of Education (ISBE) is happy to announce that the state of Illinois continues to participate in the Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program (FFVP). The purpose of the program is to increase fresh fruit and fresh vegetable consumption in elementary schools that participate in the National School Lunch Program (NSLP). Priority is given to elementary schools based on free and reduced eligibility. This program is different from the and funding is to be used for fresh fruits and vegetables provided to children at no cost, outside of the reimbursable meal(s).
The Illinois State Board of Education, Nutrition Programs Division congratulates the following schools that have been selected to participate in USDA’s Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program in Illinois.
- The application deadline for the 2015-16 school year has passed.
Forms and Documents
- USDA's Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Program - Handbook for Schools
- Best Practices: Handling Fresh Produce in Schools
- Department of Defense (DoD) FFVP
- Fruits and Vegetables A to Z
- FFVP Brochure
- FFVP Logo
- Fruit and Vegetable Holidays and In-Season Calendar
- Labor Costs Guidance for Contracted Schools
- List of Partnerships/Organizations/Nutrition Education Resources
- NFSMI Produce Safety Resources
- Procurement Guidance
- Tips for Parents Handout
- Reimbursable vs. Not Reimbursable List ***Not All Inclusive***