Public School Recognition Division
The Public School Recognition Division works with the Regional Offices of Education to monitor school district compliance with the School Code and other applicable statutes/rules and assigns recognition status levels to schools and districts. The division also works with school districts, parents and students with respect to areas of district compliance. Additional areas of concentration include issues related to school district residency, enrollment of and services for homeless students, and incidents of school bullying.
On August 22, 2012, the Illinois State Board of Education issued Non-Regulatory Guidance for Public Act 97-0495 (Regional Safe School and Alternative Learning Opportunity Programs).
Information and Services
- Application for Recognition of Schools
- Bullying Resources
- Charter Schools
- Graduation Requirements Guidance
- Health/Life Safety
- Homeless Education and Students
- Public School Evaluation Instrument (Compliance Probe) and Procedures
- Recognition Status of Public Schools
- Regional Offices of Education
- School Registration and Enrollment Guidance
- School Health Issues
- School Safety and Emergency Response