Special Education Services
Due process is an appeal process for parents to resolve issues with school districts about their child's IEP.
Many of our publications and forms are in PDF format. To correctly view the documents, you need to upgrade/download the free Adobe Reader.
- District Request for Impartial Due Process Hearing Officer (19-86) (12/12)
- Parental Request for Impartial Due Process Hearing (19-86a)
- Seventh Circuit and Illinois Court Decisions
- Due Process Committee Minutes and Decision Summaries
- Interim Changes to Due Process and Disciplinary Procedures under IDEA 2004
- Choosing an Attorney for Special Education Representation
- Due Process Evaluation Report to the State Board of Education, August 2002
- Study of the Illinois Due Process Procedures 2001
- Due Process Evaluation Report to the State Board of Education, June 2004
- Due Process Decisions - Temporarily Unavailable
Committees and Hearing Officers
Special Education Mediation (47:00)
This video demonstrates a sample Special Education Mediation session. The program was produced in 1986. While the program itself is dated, the information presented is accurate and the procedures are still applicable. You'll need the free RealOne player to view the video.)